Taos Youth Music School is seeking an Executive Director. This is a part time position for our after school music education program, approximately 7.5 hours per week from January 1, 2018 until May 31, 2018. Starting June 1, 2018 the hours will increase to 15 per week. Applicants must have prior non profit management experience. Salary depending on education and experience.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Taos Youth Music School. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and in cooperation with the board of directors the strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. This position includes a 90-day no-fault clause. If in the first 90 days of employment with TYMS either the applicant or the TYMS Board feels that this is not a good and productive fit, the arrangement may be terminated with no fault to either party.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission. Responsible for leading Taos Youth Music School in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to fulfill its function.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops in cooperation with the board of directors resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization. Submit to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board of directors and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach. Responsible for the enhancement of Taos Youth Music School’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations. Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Four or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Ability to convey a vision of Taos Youth Music School’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- In cooperation with the board of directors:
Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures.
Develop strategic planning and implementation.
- Serving as Taos Youth Music School’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of TYMS throughout Taos county.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Oversee planning, registration and implementation of TYMS classes including:
- Collaborating with and supervising teachers
- Make personal contact with parents
- Actively support students by taking interest in their music explorations.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of Taos Youth Music School website and Facebook page.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.